Click on the links below and try out the interactive games.
Electricity Glossary and Terms+
- The ampere is the standard unit of measure of electic current. It is sometimes written as Amp.
- An electric current that reverses direction on a periodic basis. it is widely used to transport power on power lines.
-Electric current that reverses direction on periodic basis, is widely used to transport power on power lines
-A basic electrical component that stores electric charge its capacitors are made from two electrical conductors separated by an insulator.
- An electronic component only allows current to flow in one direction.
-An electric circuit is a collection of electronic components connected by a conductive wire that allows for electric current to flow.
-Electric current is the flow of electric through a material. The standard unit for electric current is the Ampere.
- Ohm's law is a law of physics that describe the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance using the equation V=IR
-A resister is basic electronic component that prevents the flow of electric current.
-The static electricity is build up of an electric charge on the surface of an object. The charge remains in one area rather than flowing to another area.
-A turbine is a machine that transforms rotational energy from a fluid that is picked up by a rotor system into energy.
- transister is a device used in an electric circuit to requlate current flow to act as a gate, switch, or amplifier for electronic signals.